We are living in very uncertain times due to the current COVID-19 pandemic. But one thing is certain: our unwavering commitment to our patients and our community.
Governor Tony Evers has included Chiropractic clinics in the list of essential health care providers. Therefore, we are open to provide convenient and affordable care to the patients who need us. By continuing to serve our communities, we are helping people in pain while freeing up space, supplies, and manpower in urgent care clinics and emergency rooms.
Rest assured that we are taking necessary precautions to keep our patients, staff, doctors, and community safe. As a health care facility, we already take hygienic precautions to protect the health of our patients. This includes cleaning adjusting beds and hand washing/using hand sanitizer between patients. Below is a list of additional modifications we have made in our clinic for everyone’s safety:
- Increased cleaning protocols to include, but not limited to, wiping down of frequently touched surfaces (doors & doorknobs, front desk, waiting area, pens, etc.) every 30-60 minutes.
- Removed magazines, books, children’s toys, and other extraneous items in the waiting and treatment areas.
- Reduced the amount of seating in the waiting area to allow for increased physical distance between patients.
- Adjusted the way in which we schedule appointments to reduce the number of patients in the clinic at any one time.
- Special time has been set aside in our schedule to treat patients who may be at an increased risk of contracting the coronavirus. These patients will be escorted into and out of the clinic solely by their doctor, with no contact with anyone other than the doctor.
- Signs on entry doors advise patients who are exhibiting any signs of illness, have traveled in the past two weeks, or are uncertain about coming in, not to enter the clinic. They are advised to call to reschedule their appointment. The same message has been posted on our Facebook page, Facebook cover, and home page of our website.
- Incoming patient phone calls are screened using criteria in item #6.
- COVID-19 education signage provided by the CDC has been placed on exterior doors and in clinic waiting areas.
- Signage and physical barriers have been placed at the front desk to maintain social distancing of patients from front-desk staff.
- We are not accepting cash payments at this time. Patients can pay with credit cards in such a way that they do not touch our credit card machines.
We will continue to rely on guidance from the Wisconsin Chiropractic Association, American Chiropractic Association, World Health Organization (WHO), and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), as well as state and local health departments. As directives change, we will modify our practices to follow suit.
Additional resources can be found at: CDC COVID-19 Website
Dr. Kevin Ritzenthaler – Dr. Jim Shebuski – Dr. Colleen Boling – Dr. Cody Hanson